Objectives of S.G.F.I.
- To encourage, promote and popularize all
recognized Olympic, Asian, Common Wealth games, and regional level popular other
games & sports amongst the school boys & girls of India.
- To work for the physical welfare of school boys
and girls of India.
- To co-ordinate and encourage all activities in
connection with school games and sports in India and abroad.
- To hold Zonal, National and International sports
meets and trial matches for school boys and girls and to award certificate and
prizes for National School Games and sports.
- To secure adequate participation of School boys
and girls in International contests organized by the International School Sports
Federation, Asian School Sports Federation or similar agencies.
- To organize and hold coaching and training and
refresher courses for the promotion of the games and sports.
- To attempt quality improvement in school boys
and girls in the field of sports and games by organizing special coaching camps
for those selected players to participate in National and International events.
- To provide a platform to budding players to show
their talents and help them to improve their performance through technical
guidance, to secure financial assistance and to maintain continuity in their
pursuit of sports / games development, with the State Government and Centrally
- To lay down rules and conditions for the
registration of School players at all level.
- To lay down rules and regulations for the
affiliation of the members with School Games Federation of India and for their
- To seek affiliation with and recognition by the
competent National and International bodies.
- To invite school students teams and officials to
the country and to organize International Meets and championships and conduct
tours by foreign team in this country.
- To arrange representation of the School Games
Federation of India in International bodies, Asian bodies and their meetings.
- To develop character and personality of school
boys and girls through sports.